We are looking for a dynamic chef de partie who has a very good eye for quality and pays attention to detail. Reporting to Head Chef
Download the complete job details here.
- To produce food according to the production schedule
- Coordinate, plan, participate and supervise the production, preparation and
presentation of meals
- Responsible for providing a safe, sanitary work environment which conform to all legal requirements
- Meet the quality & time targets
- Address crew and customer comments/ feedback and complaints
- Product adherence to menu specifications (weight, size, texture, etc.)
- Experience in creating recipes, menu development and costing
- Previous experience in high volume a la carte and / or banqueting in a large kitchen team preferential
- Problem solving and decision making ability in real time, creative and out of box thinking
- Manage any issues, focussing on products, equipment, labour topics and material management, coach team on proactive attempt at solutions.
- Conduct daily tasting panels, checks, cascades, briefings and reports as and when applicable in an organized and responsible manner.
- Play an active role in customer airline meal presentations.
- You will have previous catering experience as a Chef (essential). Previous airline catering experience is highly desirable.
- You should be very familiar with authentic and conventional, as well as contemporary ingredients, with a detailed knowledge of, and experience in, preparing different cuisines.
- You will understand airline specifications
- Effective communication skills
- Have a flexible approach to work and have an ability to withstand the pressure of working in a busy environment.
- Flexibility in shifts and working hours
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position
Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
Engaging – Understanding others, team leadership, developing people
Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
If you are successful we will provide you with full training on all our processes and systems. As part of our recruitment process we carry out a full 5 year employment check and criminal records check on all successful applicants in order to comply with Civil Aviation Authority regulations. This can take up to 4 weeks to complete.
Some error has occured.