Reporting to Operation Manager, Customer Service Officer/Supervisor coordinates services between the kitchen, drivers and controls activities on the dock and on the aircraft. The Customer Service Officer/ Supervisor is responsible for supervising the catering services to the aircraft crew.
- Ensures quality production standards are maintained for all accounts
- Responsible for obtaining control sheets and making assignments for team drivers to flights daily
- Checks dock area to ensure that employees have required equipment and that trucks leave according to scheduled dock departure
- Checks that all teams are catering correct aircraft and flights
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit
- Assists teams with late flights and equipment changes
- Responsible for getting information from airlines on service requirements and updates
- Maintains radio contact with Operations Manager, meal planer and leads during operation
- Conducts regular checks of the kitchen to ensure no equipment was left behind after flights leave the kitchen
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance with customer specifications and regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Ensures specifications, airline diagrams, and other standards are accurate according to the airline specifications.
- Works with maintenance staff to ensure preventive maintenance of machinery and fleet according to schedules, reports maintenance and repair issues in timely manner.
- Maintains Company policies and procedures as well as specification books for airline customers
- Responsible for supervising drivers and driver assistants
- Manages work flow balancing – the division of responsibilities amongst employees on each shift including assignment of responsibilities and workstations.
- Determines when and whether to call employees in to cover staffing needs (ex. sick calls, vacation relief, medical leaves, volume changes, etc.)
- Bilingual is preferred (German and English)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working as a delivery driver and/or in a customer service capacity required
- Minimum of 2 year supervisory experience working in a high volume, manufacturing, food production, restaurant or catering environment or equivalent experience in the related field is preferred
- Experience working in the airline industry is preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Dedication to excellence and a strong work ethic
- Attention to detail and compliance oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to adjust to operational needs as they arise
- Ability to work under pressure and able to make sound decisions.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products required.
- Expresses oneself clearly and effectively when speaking and writing to individuals and groups; listening attentively and insuring communication is understood by all parties involved
- Bi-lingual in German and English a plus
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a security verification process
- Clean driving record that does not contain moving violations, accidents
- Ability to obtain Airport Transport Authority badge required
- Ability to obtain Customs Seal for Airport Transport Authority badge required.
- CDL driver’s license is a plus.
- Regularly stands, walks, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise
- Ability to lift, push, pull or manoeuvre 50-75 lbs
- Ability to work outdoors 75-80% of the time
- Ability to work at heights of or about 50 feet.
- Ability to work weekends and a flexible schedule as needed.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position
- Thinking – Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging – understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring – influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving – delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Some error has occured.